Synergy Health Privacy Statement
- Synergy Health International Limited is committed to protecting personal information (being any information about an identifiable individual) and privacy rights generally. Health information is regarded as one of the most sensitive types of personal information.
- When dealing with your personal information, Synergy Health International Limited will always comply with this Privacy Statement and with applicable privacy laws in Australia and New Zealand – including the Australian Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002, the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and the New Zealand Health Information Privacy Code 1994 (“applicable privacy laws”).
- Synergy Health International Limited is also referred to as “Synergy Health”, “we” and “us” in this statement and when referred to, such reference includes any person or organisation to which it has licensed or assigned its rights and obligations.
- This Privacy Statement sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information, including personal information we collect from you (for example, from your use of our website or otherwise in connection with any of our goods or services) and personal information we collect about you from other permitted sources.
- Synergy Health provides wellness services that will sometimes let you upload, store, and otherwise deal with health information online. Synergy Health also provides information on wellbeing generally and incorporates contributions from third parties.
- This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the privacy laws in the countries in which we provide our goods or services. For more information, see:
- if you are an Australian resident, the Australian Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002;
- if you are a New Zealand resident, the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and the New Zealand Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
By using the Synergy Health Website or by using our services you agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you.
Collection of your personal information
- We may collect your personal information:
- from you the first time you sign in to the Synergy Health Website where you may be asked to provide personal information such as name, e-mail address, postal code and country/region; and when you access the Wellbeing Scorecard you will be required to supply; year of birth and gender
- from you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through questionnaires, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products; and
- about you (from third parties) where you have authorised this, or if the information is publicly available.
- If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- the IP address and domain name used by your computer to connect to the Internet;
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine used to access this website;
- the date and time you are visiting;
- the pages you visit; and
- any other information you expressly provide (such as your name and areas of interest).
- Cookies are a useful way to customise the website for your use and to collect information in aggregate (anonymised) form to analyse how the website is being used. Except for the purposes contemplated in this Privacy Statement, we will not disclose any such information except in aggregate (anonymised) form.
- You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website. While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Storage of information
- Any personal information will be stored on servers in a secure environment by a commercially reputable hosting vendor using good industry practices and security techniques.
- We ensure that the personal information we hold is protected (against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure, and other misuse) by such security safeguards as it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to take.
- When any personal information is uploaded to the Synergy Health Website, it sends it over the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer. We encrypt your information to help prevent others from reading it while it's in transit from your computer to Synergy Health.
- All personal data stored by the Synergy Health Website is encrypted and backups are also encrypted.
- If you're using the Synergy Health Website to upload sensitive data, we recommend you take prudent steps to secure your computer, using up-to-date anti-spyware and virus protection software. You should also restrict access to your computer (for example, by using a strong password for your computer login and a network firewall).
- Synergy Health cannot be held liable in any way for events beyond our control or in any way for accidental or unauthorised access of your information. Accidental access could be obtained by leaving yourself logged on and leaving your computer unattended, ‘over-the-shoulder’ access or from unsecure print-outs of your personal information.
Automatic Daily Steps from Google Fit App, Fitbit devices and Garmin devices
- We provide the ability to automatically update your daily steps during a challenge from your Google Fit app, Fitbit device or Garmin device – subsequently referred to as “automatic steps device”.
- To allow automatic updating of your daily steps, you sign into your automatic steps device account and agree to allow Synergy Health access to your recorded steps. You can revoke access at any time by updating your automatic steps device account settings or by removing the integration from your Synergy Health challenge or removing it from your Synergy Health account settings.
- During the challenge that you have assigned your automatic steps deice to, we regularly check if your steps have been updated. For example when you access the challenge page that you have assigned your automatic steps device to.
- We securely access only the information that you have agreed for us to access (your steps) using an API (computer data gateway) that has been provided by the supplier of your automatic steps device.
- We only use the downloaded steps from you automatic steps device in order to automatically populate the number of steps you have taken for a particular day during the challenge that you have assigned your automatic steps device to.
- Your steps information is encrypted in our database.
- Steps information received from your automatic steps device is used in the same way as all other challenge information and will contribute to your personal and team score (if applicable).
How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide services and products to you;
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose);
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or applicable privacy laws.
How we use aggregate information and statistics
- Synergy Health may use aggregated information from the Synergy Health Website to improve the quality of our service and for marketing of Synergy Health. This aggregated information is not associated with any individual person. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorised by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Synergy Health Website so that we can analyse and improve them.
Disclosing your personal information
- Synergy Health may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as web site hosting; packaging, mailing; answering customer questions about products and services; and sending information about our products, special offers, and other new services. If we provide personal information to such companies, we only provide the personal information they need to deliver our Synergy Health wellness programs. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Synergy Health may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in good faith believe that such action is necessary to: comply with the law, comply with legal proceedings served on Synergy Health; protect and defend the rights or property of Synergy Health and the Synergy Health Website; or, act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Synergy Health products or members of the public.
- Your personal data is securely stored in Australia and is processed by Synergy Health.
- To keep you informed of the latest improvements, Synergy Health may send you a newsletter, which you have signed up to on the Synergy Health Website. If you do not want to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time.
- We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. We will notify you of any such updates by publishing the updated Privacy Statement on the website. The revised Privacy Statement will apply from the date that we upload it to the website. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically on the website to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the website or our other goods or services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Statement as updated. If you do not agree with any aspects of this Privacy Statement as updated from time to time, you must immediately stop using the website and our goods and services, and promptly notify us.
Accessing and correcting personal information
- Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the applicable privacy laws, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
- If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at the address provided below.
- We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
PRIVACY OFFICER185B Peterborough Street
PO BOX 2868, Christchurch 8013
During registration you agree to accurately select the country you are located in.
The material on this website is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.